Sunday, July 15, 2012

Day 9: back from a weekend in paradise! (Puerto Viejo)

Hola!
I just got back from my weekend in Puerto Viejo today and I didn't want to leave! It was so amazing! The town of Puerto Viejo is very laid back and everybody is friendly. Also, all the locals seemed to be enjoying where they lived--surfing, walking on the beach, etc. Even going out to eat and going to the shops, all the owners seemed to be just enjoying life! The town just made you love life and I loved that about it!
Snorkeling on Saturday was so much fun! I saw a nurse shark, a manta ray, and lots of colorful fish! Also, the coral was amazing! I've never seen coral quite like it (Then again, I've only been snorkeling 2 other times in my life) The beaches at Cahuita national park were GORGEOUS!! I wish I could just bring a hammock there and live there :)
At night we walked around town and looked at all the shops and went to the bar/discotheques there named "Johnny's" and "Mangoes". Yes, I did go to another discotheque...but it wasn't as bad as the one in San Jose. I was also careful to not get in the same position as Thursday. I liked it though because it was on the beach so we would sit on the beach and enjoy the Latin music, the ocean, and the stars. It was truly paradise. I feel like my pictures will be able to tell the whole story of Puerto Viejo better. So I will post my pictures tomorrow morning with little captions to explain everything :)
Buenos Noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment