Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 13: A Spanish work out and my first oral presentation here!

Today was yet another "normal" day in Costa Rica. Except we went to the gym this morning! That was something new and exciting I suppose...oh! but let me tell you, going to a gym and having a buff Costa Rican guy yelling at you in Spanish (which you don't understand every word he's saying...plus he's yelling and saying it fast...) makes you work hard! So I got quite the work out, which is good! They also do a measurement thing where they interview you and measure everything to figure out what kind of work out you need to do! For free! (Well, since we're "temporary" members it's free) So my roommate, Erica, and I are going there tomorrow for our appointments. I'm actually pretty excited about it because I can take the workout to Concordia and keep it going there! I suppose I'm also interested to see how healthy of a person I am, too. :)
Also, today I had my first Oral presentation for my Spanish class. We had to teach kids about first aid. So our classmates "pretended" to be little kids while each pair gave their presentation (because it had to keep the kids entertained and also explain to them "in little kid words") My classmates were actually very good at being little kids... and made lots of comments during the presentations and asked little kid questions. So it was very entertaining and fun to be the audience but presenting it... was a different story. Cause you wouldn't be planning on all the little things they would ask--like I'm not allowed to use the telephone, or what are body fluids. Little things like that that you would have to stop your presentation and explain to them in Spanish what it is or in what cases they can use the telephone to call emergency services, etc. However, I think we did okay. :) Our next presentation is next Tuesday already and it's on a tropical disease. So that'll be interesting.
I know I said this in an earlier post, but tomorrow I'm going bungee jumping! I'm so excited! It's yet another thing I can cross off my bucket list that I've done here. In addition to that, tomorrow is the day we're going to the orphanage to paint, clean, and play with the kids! So tomorrow I'm going to be a very happy camper since I'm doing everything I love to do--adventure AND helping people! I'm super excited!!!! (In case you haven't been able to gather that yet...haha)
Bueno, I suppose that's all for today! Tomorrows post I'll put pics up of the orphanage and bungee jumping!
Buenos Noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment