Friday, July 20, 2012

Day 14: I jumped off a bridge!

Today I jumped off a bridge! I love saying that :) It was a good day...except we were not able to go to the orphanage as planned. Long story short, there was miscommunication in between staff and so the person who told us that we could do both I guess did not tell the driver and bungee "boss" clearly enough. We were all very disappointed. However, the people who were not able to are all planning on going to the orphanage sometime this coming week. So hopefully that happens. Sometimes Tico time does not work well. Anyway, the bungee jumping was a blast! It was hard to make yourself jump when you were standing on the "plank"...but I just told myself to jump and I jumped before they got down to 1 on the countdown! Which is good! Sometimes it takes a couple countdowns for a person to jump! Right after you jump though, the thoughts go like this: "Holy Moley! I just jumped off a bridge!" "What if the bungee cord doesn't work?!" "Ahhhhhh (scream)" "Woah! It feels like I'm flying!" "This is AMAZING!" "WOOO" and then at that point your at the bottom and swinging back and forth and you're so happy that you did it :) Plus, you're staring straight down into a rain forest and river. I'm so incredibly happy that I did it! AND now I have it checked off my bucket list! Yet, I'll probably end up doing it again at some point in my life. Here are pictures:

the bridge!

mis amigas that did it with me (left to right) Sam, me, Erica, Lorato and Erica

the platform  you jump off of--the yellow thing sticking out is the "plank"

Erica and me all geared up!

getting all hooked up to the cords

JUMP!





I survived! haha :)

all of us with our free "My first Bungee" shirts

As you can tell from the pics it was a lot of fun and I highly suggest doing it to anyone! :) One of the girls, Erica (not my roommate Erica) actually has a slight fear of heights! But she said that she likes trying to overcome it and that Bungee Jumping is on her Bucket list... so she did it! Took a couple countdowns but she did! Soo even people with a slight fear of heights can do it! :) 
Well, I suppose I have to get up early for our excursion to La Fortuna Waterfalls and Poas Volcano tomorrow! 
So, PURA VIDA! and Buenos noches! 


No comments:

Post a Comment