Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 6: Barbecue and Discotheque

Hola!
Sorry for posting late (it's technically the next day) BUT tonight was a busy night!!! There was a barbecue dinner/dance tonight at Veritas for all the international students! It was a lot of fun! They had live music--these percussionists! Then they had their own dancers, too! So that was fun to watch! I also learned a few things there... 1) School functions provide beer in Costa Rica--that was the only beverage available unless you brought your own beverage. So that was interesting. 2) If you say you don't dance, a random guy will take your hand and bring you to the middle of the dance floor...So I figured I'd try dancing when we went to the discotheque so I wouldn't have to dance with a random guy, and I danced with a group of friends! Well, that didn't work either. Still got asked to dance and I'll just say it was a very interesting experience to say the least...probably won't go to another discotheque without Matt cause I feel weird not dancing with him...But it was fun since a big group of us went there so I got to know more people with my program. All in all, it was a good yet interesting night, full of new experiences! :)
Tomorrow we're leaving for Puerto Viejo! An excursion that came with this program. I'm super excited because we get to go snorkeling! So I won't be posting anything until Sunday. Therefore, Sunday's post will be all about my excursion--so keep an eye out for it! AND I'll have more pictures! :)
Well, have a good weekend!
Pura Vida!


No comments:

Post a Comment