Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 19: a national holiday well spent :)

Today was a national holiday for Costa Rica so I didn't have school! :) In the morning we went to the gym again (extremely sore) and then we went to the National Museum of Costa Rica! The pictures below are some artifacts and exhibits from the museum:
Pre-Columbian indigenous "person" ^



Gold!
 


The view from the museum! ^

It was a lot of fun looking around the museum since it was an old military fort, and also learning about Costa Rica's history. After the museum we went wondering around San Jose and stopped at "souvenir alley" which is a cheaper souvenir place then places that attract tourists, like Puerto Viejo and all the other places I have gone. So I got some souvenirs from there which was fun. Then we ventured on home... tried taking a short cut and ended up going the wrong way so it took WAY longer haha :) But when we finally got home I got a little present in my bathroom sink waiting for me: 
I absolutely loved it :) My room mate also found one in her back pack. It scared her and she didn't want to touch it so I got to help with that one, too! So it was a very good day! 
Now it's time to practice for my patient simulation tomorrow and sleep! So, Buenos Noches! 

No comments:

Post a Comment