Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day 15: Costa Rica continues to amaze me

Today I saw so much nature! It was all ohhh so beautiful! We went to the Poas Volcano which was amazing! However, it was overcast and so we couldn't see the crater that well. So I guess I'll have to go back some day? bummer :) Then we went to La Paz Waterfall gardens which is kinda like a zoo. They have all the different types of birds, jungle cats, frogs, butterflies, and snakes that you can see in Costa Rica. I loved that because I love animals! But I was really impressed by the waterfalls and the gardens. It was a true rainforest! I will post pictures soon! But for now here is one:

In the butterfly gardens the butterflies would land on you! It was amazing and so much fun! :) There are no words to express how gorgeous the nature is down here. But then on the way to the waterfalls and volcano we went by many small towns where people live in shacks... and have almost nothing. It makes me feel so blessed for what I have. Also, it makes me wonder why some Americans complain about their lives...we're lucky. Yet we live a busy lifestyle all worked around our jobs/careers. Here, people live by the "Pura Vida" motto. They live everyday to the fullest, and their lives are built around their families and friends, not their jobs. They're so happy! I love it! Driving on the bus I saw a man singing and jamming out in his car and then he looks in his rear view mirror to look at his son in the back, and there's the biggest grin ever spread across his face. Then I saw two homeless guys sitting on a stair smiling and looking happy, they gave some of their food to the dog who was watching them. Little things like that make me smile :) And also shows the kind of lifestyle that they have here. I hope to live my life according to their "Pura Vida" motto. 
Well, I have to get up even earlier tomorrow! So, 
Buenos Noches! 

No comments:

Post a Comment