Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 4: First day of class and dance class!

Hola a todos!
Today was my first day of class! I love my professor! She is very nice and funny which makes class a lot easier. However, she does speak pretty fast but after being here a couple days I feel like I am getting better at listening to them while they're speaking so fast! :) Anyway, we went through the syllabus and I'm gonna be one busy girl! Uff da! Every week I technically have 1 quiz, one Oral presentation (which is like a speech... which I'm not very good at in English sooo we'll see how that goes! haha), and one written test. Then one week we have our "official patient simulation"!!!! I'm super nervous about that yet excited! It's amazing to think about that day because by then we'll know how to diagnose the patient and tell them what's wrong, ask for their information, order laboratory tests, etc. Which I think is amazing! Our professor was telling us today how this is going to look great on our resumes, especially since all of us are going into the medical field in my class. However, she emphasized how it will be great for the nurses in the class! Score!!!! :)
Today I also went to the dance class that they offer here and there were A TON of people there! It was so much fun! We learned the salsa, the muchacha, and the meringue! Just the basic steps for now...but each week she said that she'll add more to it! I also got to dance with a Costa Rican man! Cross that off my bucket list? haha just kidding... :) But I did have learning these dances on my bucket list! So I can cross that off! :) And I will definitely be teaching them to mi novio... so I don't forget how to do them! :) I'm really happy that I went though because I met a lot of new people! Oh! I forgot to say yesterday that I signed up for a gym here! Which might have been a bad decision since it cost money... and I don't have a ton of free time...but it seemed like a great way to meet more people! So some other girls from CEA and me signed up! So we'll see how that goes! :) There's just soooo much to do here in such little time! But hopefully I'll get everything in! :)

Well, that's it for now so Buenos Noches!

the pics below are some pictures I took around school! I'll post more later so don't worry! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment