Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 10: a good dinner & I'm from Minnesota Don'tcha know! :)


Hola! Today was yet another great day in Costa Rica! It was so good to back home in San Jose though. Even though I loved Puerto Viejo I missed my "host house" and my tico family :) During dinner I realized how much I truly love my host family and roommates. (Below is a picture of my roommates) But dinner tonight was full of laughter! It was so much fun cause 2 of their daughters Diana (31) and Joanna (29) ate with us! They're so funny! And Kathleen my host mom is so nice and helpful and our host Dad, Victor, is so adorable and funny... I guess it's hard to explain how amazing it is with words... but I feel so welcome here and it's all new and exciting so I'm pretty happy :) 
After dinner Erica and I had to interview a native speaker for homework and pretend he was our patient and get his general information and whatnot. So we interviewed Victor. He was so funny! I laughed so hard that I cried. I don't think I've ever laughed that hard before... :) Anyway, today I had a meeting for volunteering at an orphanage here! So I'm pretty excited about that. They also needed some painters to paint the inside of the school/orphanage! So I'm going to do that on Friday after I go bungee jumping! Ya I am excited because they were talking about doing a mural, too! So maybe I can paint a cute duck for the little kids or something like that... I'll keep you posted :)
 Below is a picture of Kirsten and me right after we got out of the airport here. She's the other girl from Minnesota and we have similar names... so a lot of people take awhile after we tell them that. Our names get flip flopped a lot. Also, ticos CANNOT say Kjersten! So I'm Kristen here... haha. But we also get made fun of a little because we're from Minniesoootah :) I guess we truly do have an accent... I'll be talking and the other CEA students will just randomly smirk and then I know that I said something that shows off our awesome accent. :)


Well, that's it for today. 
Pura Vida!


No comments:

Post a Comment