Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 28: last day in Costa Rica

Hola! Well, today was my last day in this amazing country! It's very bittersweet going back home. I have had so many great experiences, made lots of memories, and good friends. I will miss it so much. However, I will always remember my time here and will always live by their motto: Pura Vida! AND I'm definitely coming back someday!
So today was a great day! My roommate Emily and I went rappelling on a waterfall called los Chorros. It was so much fun! I'm so glad I did it. Then we wondered around San Jose for a bit before coming back home to a fantastic last dinner here: aztec soup (definitely making at home). Then I strategically packed my suitcase and watched Mulan with Emily :) It was a very good last day! Here are some pictures from yesterday and today:
Here are my "tico dogs" the one on the left is Suba and the one on the right is Rayo--I love them :)

pointy thing we found while wondering around Cartago

the ruins we found wondering around Cartago. 




Pretty church we found in Cartago

here's the pilgrimage in Cartago--the end point the basilica 

you can see how long the line was to get inside the basilica 

view of San Jose from the restaurant we went to last night

Costa Rican dancers at the restaurant

they were so much fun to watch




Sam, Emily and me in front of the gorgeous view! 

river we had to cross to get to the waterfall today

trekking through the rain forest :)


pretty little pool at the top of the waterfall


this is Erica repelling down the waterfall--you can see how tall it was (120 feet)












my awesome school--Veritas University! 


beautiful sunset on the mountains

Well, I suppose that's it for my journey in Costa Rica... I had an amazing time like I said above. I cannot wait to come back! To those who are thinking of coming to Costa Rica--do it!!! It is such a beautiful country with awesome people. Trust me, you will love it! :) I feel so blessed that I had the opportunity to come here and to have met the people and do the things I've done. Thank you Costa Rica for a great time! I will never forget you! :) 
PURA VIDA! 



No comments:

Post a Comment