Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 27: Cartago and the Farewell dinner!

Hola!
This post is going to be short and sweet because I need to get up in the morning... but TOMORROW IS MY LAST DAY! It's so bittersweet. I'm sad to be leaving this gorgeous country yet excited to get home and sleep in my big comfy bed :) AND to eat a big ol' hamburger :) Today was a good day... very busy once it got started. My roommate, Emily, and I ended up taking the bus to Cartago (which we later learned was a smart thing to do because people who walked were complaining haha) but that was an adventure in itself--finding the bus. We asked about 10 people before we found the bus stop for Cartago. Then when we got to Cartago we weren't prepared at all! We figured there would be a big line or crowd of people we could follow to the basilica. Nope. So we wondered around Cartago for awhile trying to figure out where it was. We later learned that the bus dropped us off on the other side of the city and that was why we couldn't see the basilica or the big crowd of people. Anyway, we eventually found it and it was gorgeous! Lots of people! Plus, there was a fair! So that was fun to walk around--compare it to the Minnesota state fair :) It was actually pretty similar but just very condensed into this one big square and there were no rides or games. Just lots and lots of food. Which we found wonderful! :) I will post pictures tomorrow. Then  we had an another adventure trying to find the bus back home... but we eventually did (we might have gotten a bit lost... :) ) We got home had to change and freshen up quickly and run back to school because we had our farewell dinner tonight! It was a lot of fun! We went to this restaurant up in the Mountains so it had a GORGEOUS view of all of San Jose. Plus, it had delicious food and dancers. So all in all it was a pretty good day :) It's hard to believe my trip is almost over. Tomorrow I decided to do one last fun thing--rappelling waterfalls! So I'm pretty excited about that. When I get back I promise to upload pictures of today and of the waterfalls!
Buenos Noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment